The Flood Medix comes to the rescue within 30 minutes of your call to assess the damage and begin remediating the home to keep the family and your things safe from contamination.
Water in an office? We work to keep your business open even if it’s in a storefront by quickly working overnight to get drying done. We even move and shut off machinery for you so you can stay open, then reset it after hours.
Here are some quick tips on what to do and not do:
1. Don’t step into standing water — electricity may be involved and shock could result.
2. Call for help from an insured, experienced water damage company.
3. Pick up anything in the pathway of water, like boxes on the floor that contain momentos and pictures.
Do some research and find a company that is reputable and reliable. Things to look out for when choosing a water damage restoration company are:
– Experience in the field. Does the company have the relevant experience to handle the job?
– Certification. Is the company is certified, such as Applied Structural Drying (ASD) and technicians should also be IICRC certified.
– Reputation. If you stumble upon a company with negative reviews, avoid the company. If there is a company that has many more rave reviews than poor citings, they are probably the one to explore.
Step two: Arrange for an assessment of the damage
Once you have decided on a company, arrange for them to come and assess the water damage. They should be able to tell you what needs to be done.
Step three: Have the professionals come in
The drying process will be extensively monitored and documented to make sure a thorough job is done. If not, remaining water can lead to mold infestations, damage to the drywall and wooden fixtures, and even damage the electrical system in your home.
So, if you run into the trouble of water damage in your office or home, these are the three steps to follow to make sure the damage is reversed. Find out more about water damage restoration in Kennesaw or Marietta today.